Sunday, April 10, 2011

Making a Dish and a Dishrag

This is a little uncommon for me to post so soon. But I had a day off, and felt like attempting few feats. Actually, I felt like doing nothing today. I got up to eat breakfast and then went back to sleep. By will power, and some encouragement from Chris to leave the house, I got up and went to The Book Thing. For dinner I made the vegan shepherd's pie I have been planning, following the directions directly from the Scott Pilgrim vs. The World comic book. Technically, it wasn't vegan though; I couldn't find the vegan gravy mix. I bought the onion gravy, but the list of ingredients includes beef.


It turned out pretty good. I think I might make this again. The only thing is, I am not sure if I like soy milk on it's own, so I am questioning what to do with the rest. I don't mind it in coffee or on cereal, because the other favors mask it pretty well, so I guess I will try and use it up like that. Luckily soy milk has a longer shelf life than regular milk, so I have some time...


Basically just cooked veggies for 15 minutes, then added fake meat, gravy mix, and soy milk. All the while, boiling the potatoes... 


Mashed up the potatoes with soy milk, and layered over meat mixture in a casserole dish with a layer of frozen corn in between."Mmm, Mashy"

I baked it at 350 for 30 minutes, which was supposed to crisp up the top. It didn't do that, but I felt it was necessary anyway to make sure the corn defrosted. My only critique is that I definitely needed the salt shaker to eat this, mainly for the potato part. Other than cooking, I made a dishcloth today. This one is for my future mother-in-law. We had lunch the other day and she mentioned that she used to get some from a friend in North Dakota, and I happen to be in between projects. This one was made from a pattern I found on Ravelry, and I used some Lily Sugar 'n Cream 100% cotton yarn which I had in my stash from a project I never finished about a year ago. Since I don't think I will be getting back to that project I may just take out the whole thing and use all the yarn I have of this kind to make a set of 4 or however many I can.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment