Monday, January 24, 2011

Hat for Roz

Good evening everyone!  Watching Seinfeld tonight, which would be nice if the heater weren't so loud that I can't hear it really. Sometimes I try to crank up the volume so I can hear the TV over the heater, but that just results in headaches-ville. Don't really want to turn off the heat either, it sure is chilly tonight. Here is my most resent achievement in crochet: 


I made this for Roz, my friend from work, for her grandson. I think I am doing better with the masculine hats, you kinda have to change gears when you are used to making girly things. But I can really see the improvement from what I used to make. I started the Scott Pilgrim hat last week. Right now I am making a sort of mock up "first draft" version of the hat using regular acrylic yarn: Caron Simply Soft. I bought the pattern from Lulu Bee, but it is a knitting pattern and I am not so good at that, so I want to have a trial run. The pattern calls for Diamond Yarn Luxury Collection Fine Merino Superwash DK in Middle Brown and Blue Grey. This yarn is nearly impossible to find online. When I finally did find it, the seller didn't ship to the United States. Another site only sold the brown and not the blue. Unless I take a road trip to Canada, I really don't think I'm getting this yarn. Poor business strategy if you ask me. So I went even FARTHER and ordered a similar yarn from the UK, Sublime Extra Fine Merino Wool DK in the colors Clipper and Fruitcake. It was actually kind of cool receiving a package with Royal Mail postage on it and a customs declaration. Yes, I am easily thrilled. I should order from overseas more often. I was really worried about the color difference, but I really think after looking at the yarn that it will work out alright. If you check out the link on Diamond yarn you can compare for yourself. 



My fancy European yarn. In two different poses...just in case you didn't quite get the full effect from the first one. Now I am just afraid of using it and messing it up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment