Saturday, January 15, 2011

Hats for Twins

This week I finished a couple hats for a friend with 2 year old twin girls. I used a different brand of yarn than I usually do, Vanna's Choice by Lion Brand, which is a little thicker than my usual Caron's Simply Soft. Really the only reason for the switch is that I needed to find a really great burgundy. I personally think burgundy and pink look really cute together, although I have heard some objections. What do you think?



Usually I use a five petal flower with a yellow center, but this time went for something different: the Irish Rose, a pattern I got from Lion Brand Yarn. The Irish Rose was actually supposed to be one round bigger, but due to the thickness of the yarn and gauge, the flower was getting huge, so I stopped short. As for all hats for babies/kids, I just hope, hope, hope they fit. I threw in a hat for her older daughter too:


I have been watching the Scott Pilgrim movie this evening. I love it. I got it from Netflix and am kinda thinking about not returning...for a while at least. There is a hat Scott wears towards the beginning of the film, when he is picking up Knives Chau from school. I am thinking this will be an upcoming project; the original maker of the hat sells the pattern online. I sure hope Jo-Ann's has a similar yarn to what the pattern specifies. I am not too interested in special ordering expensive yarn from Canada.


No comments:

Post a Comment