Sunday, January 9, 2011

Yay New Year!

So Christmas is over and my so is my crocheting/crafting marathon. I wouldn't say the whole thing was a total failure, but pretty close. The presents that I made weren't done in time for Christmas, but the people who I decided to buy presents for (due to time shortage) did get their presents on time. Thank you, online shopping! So about a week ago I finally made it to the post office and sent out the finished projects. I kind of hate the feeling of going to the post office now though. I go in there with these things that I care so much about and worked so hard on and leave empty handed. I know they should be getting where they are going, its just psychologically weird, paying someone to take your stuff. Anyway, here are a few things I whipped up for presents:


This is a bunny I crocheted for my niece, Alisen. I got the pattern from Lion Brand Yarn, and it is called Best Bunny. This is the first toy I've crocheted, if you don't count the D20 I made, which I don't really. D&D players are so serious about the game I think they would be insulted a bit if I said they are playing with toys. Speaking of a D20...


I made another D20 for my brother, who is also a player of the game. Tried a different color than Cory's. I actually liked the way this one turned out better than the first, I think I crochet it a little tighter. These two got sent, plus the blanket for Greyson, and for Selina I made a blue version of the purple hat I had made Myc'keeta. I also sent out some homemade place mats for my mom and a black knitted scarf for my dad, both of which I forgot to take pictures of. Oops. Now that Christmas presents are over and done, I can get to work on some custom orders for hats. I had been asked by a few people for specific things way back in November, but haven't had a chance to work on them with my own projects in the works!

No comments:

Post a Comment