Friday, August 27, 2010

Failure!

So...I have been working on a hat for 3 days. And...for some reason I didn't use the correct gauge hook and knitting needle...because for some reason I thought it wouldn't make a difference. Always follow hook size instructions! What was supposed to be a tam turned out like a beanie. I found the pattern online for free from The Strange Knitter. Great pattern, bad crocheter (me). Boooo!


It actually looks kind of cute...but the top is a bit tighter than the band...I don't know. Should I or should I not unravel it? It did take quite a while. I feel like I haven't been very productive in the past few days. I did, however, get around to dropping off the pillowcases for ConKerr Cancer at Bears Paw Fabrics up in Towson. It was neat checking out a new fabric store, but its main focus was quilting, which I know very little about. 

This hat is an addition to the long line of hats that I have attempted in an adult size that has failed. I think I will take  it out. Last thing I need is another hat that doesn't fit, and this color purple is too pretty to waste. I want to retry. I work in a deli where we wear baseball hats or hairnets. I think it would be cool if I could make my own hats for work this winter!

1 comment: