Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Birthday Hat!

My sister's birthday was yesterday, and I have been working on a hat for a present. It has been taking a bit longer than I expected. I don't have it down yet exactly how much to increase the stitches for an adult size hat, so I have been taking out mistakes and restarting over and over. Finished result: not too shabby.


The hat matching my shirt is a total coincidence. I think its cute, but I think I might have gone overboard with the stripe plus the braids plus the flower. Like there is way too much going on. But blue was her favorite color growing up, so I hope she likes it. I love this color blue too. It was one of those yarns that I bought with no plans to use it for anything, but I had to get it because the color was so great. Plus, the yarn is made from 100% recycled plastic bottles, so this hat is...mostly earth friendly (the purple and light blue are just normal yarns). I am thinking about trying to make more of the yarn I use the eco brand, but right now its about finding the right color. 


Beyond finishing this, today has been weird. I got up at 7 am today, my day off, to go to the local DMV to finally update my drivers license. I am glad I got there early because there was a line a half an hour BEFORE they opened. Got out of there by 9, and got a call from a manager at work, asking me to come in until 2. I worked, and the rest of the afternoon was OK, I got some chores done. There is nothing like waking up early and going to work to make a day off work feel... like not a day off. Also, I am stuck on a new song. Well, not new, old really, but I have never been crazy about it before. This happens to me a lot. I totally fall in love with one song, and sing it all the time, and look up the video on YouTube several times a day. Today, and probably for the rest of the week it is Mr. Big - To Be With You. LOVE IT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment