Saturday, September 4, 2010

Bubble Hat and COokiEs!

Today was my day off work! I feel like I got so much done. I sent out the hat I made for Joy, and some superhero posters I got at Baltimore Comic Con for my friend Cory. Christopher and I went out for lunch at a place called El Salto that we had never been to. It was really great food, and we were glad to finally find a Mexican restaurant in Baltimore. After that, we made our way over to Jo-Ann fabrics (my favorite place to shop) to pick up some supplies for my next project. I also made sure to pick up the correct size needles to re-do that hat that I messed up last week. It was a nice day off! Even got to work on some crocheting.


I am not sure how I feel about this one. This hat uses the popcorn stitch. I have used this stitch before on a hat, making the entire hat bubbly. I thought it was too much, so I made this one with just a few popcorn stitches here and there. Not sure about it...hm. It's a good color. Other than finishing this hat, I got some baking done tonight. I have been wanting to use my new electric mixer for a while, and finally bought all the ingredients for cookies.


I just used the recipe on the back of the chocolate chips. It should have been easy, but I had a hard time with these. Each pan of cookies turned out different. I have an oven thermometer now, so I kept adjusting the temperature because one pan of cookies was too dark and the next was too light. The ones that turned out the best started cooking at 300 degrees and finished at 425! I definitely need to figure out just how to set this oven so the temperature matches the dial! None burnt, so this project was not a total failure at least. Also, I watched the premiere of the movie Browncoats: Redemption! This is a fan film, based on the TV series Firefly. If you loved the show, you'll love this, and wish you could have been in it, and are wondering why you didn't to talk to them longer when you met them at Baltimore Comic Con, and want to re-watch the Firefly series and Serenity...at least that's how I am feeling...

No comments:

Post a Comment