Thursday, September 30, 2010

Back from Virginia

Just got back last night from Virginia visiting my sister. Over all the trip was really good, all though, I have to admit it was a bit exhausting. Bailey just turned 7 months old, and is VERY active. If I set her down in her play area, she would be crawling out the door within 10 seconds. Lucky for me that I have infallible vigilance...at 6 am...not. Fortunately, I never let her get too far, and nothing bad happened...except exhaustion. I'll have to keep this in mind next time I wish I had a baby.


She is still super cute though.  Other than playing with Bailey and watching children's television, Joy and I worked on a blanket for Greyson, our new nephew. It was hard finding the right fabric. It's so hard looking material for boys when there are so many cute options for girls. Especially, I think, because most boy fabrics are taste specific. What I mean is, the patterns on masculine fabrics are usually dinosaurs, robots, superheros, monkeys, sports, etc. It makes you wonder what the boy actually likes, like "what if he doesn't like sports or superheros?" With girl patterns, it seems to me that picking a pretty floral or paisley pattern is less taste specific. Maybe I am thinking too much. Or maybe, because I am a girl, I am more aware of what is attractive to girls than very young boys, thus my hesitations. ANYWAY it turned out really cute, and we did end up choosing a superman fabric.



G is for Greyson. And for Gross Domestic Product- which does not include the value of women's work. Some of which was expended on the making of this blanket. (Does working outside the market economy with no means of exchange make me a communist? Heavens!)



Oh well. Considering Greyson just barely over a week old, I think I can safely assume he has yet to form a solid opinion on superman. I also did a little crocheting while Bailey was napping; made a sweet little hat for Greyson, and then made Bailey model it for me. As you can see she is thrilled.



No comments:

Post a Comment