Thursday, September 23, 2010

Happy Birthday Greyson!

I am so happy to announce that my brother and my sister-in-law had their baby boy Greyson this morning! I am so excited to crochet some things for him! I haven't tried making a baby blanket yet, I am a little intimidated by the size of a blanket. At least with hats, they are small enough to finish within a couple days. They don't just sit there staring at you with those sad "unfinished project" looking eyes. If hats had eyes...which I hope they never do...because that would be creepy. Speaking of finishing hats...


These two I finished today. These I made for my sister-in-law to give as gifts for a friend's daughters. Making these reminded me a lot of when Joy and I would get semi-matching things when we were little. The pink one is the unfinished one from my last post. I am very happy with the way these turned out, but I am a bit frustrated that you can tell they are significantly different. I suppose it would be called normal variation expected from handmade products. The purple ear flaps look way shorter to me. I suppose that is what I get for not writing down a pattern to work from.


Here is the baby boy! Isn't he just perfect? I am so happy for them, I just wish I could be there to see him. I'll have to plan a trip soon. I am hoping to go this fall, because when spring semester hits I might be back in school. Speaking of which, I was disappointed today to find out that the school I am applying to changed their application, and it no longer has a box for an admissions essay. Boo! I thought my essay was really good and would have given my application a little extra oomph. Also, according to FAFSA, I am still a dependent, and I don't really see any way around that. So, my application process is all disappointment, and I am wondering if I should just wait until I am not a dependent anymore to go back to school. I dunno. I had fun today though. Myc'Keeta and I went to the mall today, it seems like so long since I have gone shopping with a girl friend. I had such a great time just hanging out!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment